Heating and air conditioning systems slow down as time goes on and the parts become more and more worn. However, if your heating system is not at the end of its lifespan quite yet, this is often preventable. Scheduling maintenance every year for each of your systems can save you a lot of money and increase your home comfort. And enrolling in an HVAC maintenance program for twice yearly tune ups can save you even more, as it comes with the following benefits.
- Lower Utilities – One of the top reasons homeowners sign up for a maintenance program is to save money over time. A maintenance visit involves cleaning and adjusting parts that were previously worn down, taking longer to heat or cool a home and running inefficiently as a result. Of course, maintenance comes with a price tag, but this may be offset by what you save on utilities and repairs.
- Fewer Breakdowns – Another benefit of maintenance is that it reduces the risk of a sudden breakdown. When you neglect servicing your heating or AC system, all of the components can begin to suffer, and your unit could fail when you need it most.
- Healthier Air – The air that you breathe everyday circulates through the duct system, but first it runs through a filter. However, there may still be dust and other allergens in the indoor blower unit of your heating and AC system that may affect the people in your home, especially those with asthma or other respiratory conditions. A technician will thoroughly clean your unit and inspect to make sure that the filter is properly maintained.
- Safety – All heating/AC systems require electricity to run, so a technician will tighten electrical connections and make sure there are no electrical hazards. And when the technician inspects your gas heating unit, you can find out about any potential gas or carbon monoxide leaks so you can repair these as soon as possible.
- Benefits – Many contractors offer additional benefits such as discounts on parts and services and priority service to preferred customers.
Don’t go with just any company for your annual maintenance. Choose a contractor that offers several additional benefits when you sign up for an annual plan. Contact us to sign up for our HVAC maintenance program in Loveland today!
With the Energy Savings Agreement at Fort Collins Heating & Air Conditioning, you’ll get priority customer service, no overtime fees, and discounted repairs from a company that’s been in business since 1934.