It can be very tempting, especially when your boiler is still heating your home, to continue putting off heating repairs. Unfortunately, there are almost always consequences to waiting, and they may cost you in several ways. The technicians at Fort Collins Heating & Air Conditioning can help you with any boiler repair in Loveland – just give us a call.
Common Boiler Problems
Here are some common boiler problems our technicians see:
- Problems with a circulating pump – the circulating pumps in your system push the hot water or steam through the piping to heat your home. These pumps can malfunction, which can result in a lack of heating.
- Loss of pressure – leaks that develop in your system can cause the pressure to drop, which interferes with the system’s operation.
- Scaling in the pipes – mineralization build-up, also known as scaling, can develop in your pipes, particularly if you have hard water in your system. Scaling can significantly reduce the flow in your pipes, and even cause a clog if built up enough.
- Cold radiators – a cold radiator can be indicative of a blocked pipe or an issue with a circulating pump.
- Pilot light keeps going out/won’t light – this can indicate a few problems, including issues with the thermocouple or dirt buildup in the pilot.
Why Call Immediately?
There are a few reasons you should call for boiler repair as soon as you can:
- You don’t want to lose heat – heating systems typically break down on the coldest days because that’s when they are working the hardest; if you are aware of a problem, it’s better to get the problem fixed as soon as possible.
- You don’t want to lose energy efficiency – fuel costs aren’t cheap, and a poorly-running boiler will cost you more in energy because it needs to work harder, and, as such, will use more energy.
- It could be dangerous – Noxious fumes and gases can leak from cracks and leaks in your boiler system, causing serious problems.
Fall is a great time of year to repair your boiler in Loveland because it isn’t too cold yet.
If you are experiencing problems with your boiler, call Fort Collins Heating & Air Conditioning and schedule a repair appointment with one of our trained specialists.